– French, born in 1947 to a long lineage of artists: his great-grand-father was a painter and art critique,
well acquainted with Bourdelle, Ingres, Toulouse- Lautrec and Seurat…
– His uncle was a sculptor, his mother a painter.
– Lives in Illiers-Combray (Eure-et-Loir)
– From 16 on, attends courses at Ecole des Metiers d’Art, then those of sculptor Robert Couturier at Ecole des Beaux-Arts, Paris.
– At 21, becomes the youngest plastic arts professor with the pedagogical unit of the
Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux-Arts, Architecture section, Jenkins workshop.
– For 30 years been riding on horseback every day.
– Jean-Louis has worked with Nuno Oliviera for seven years and he has illustrated Nuno’s books.
– He also practices the art of dressage which has long gained him a reputation.
– Since 1975 has also been teaching sculpture and drawing at Ecole Nationale Superieure des Arts Appliques et Metiers d’Arts, Paris.
– Some of his latest works of art can be admired at the Grand Equrie of Chateaux de Versailles
– He is currently designing products for Hermes and has works in the Hermes museum.
– We have been working together for nine years, delivering sculptures and paintings all over Europe.
– We have currently a number of sculptures and paintings in stock, if you are interested please contact us.